Sunday, December 11, 2011

You Can Do Anything

A few weeks ago, a coworker sent us all the link to a short film, The Butterfly Circus.  It's one of the most inspirational things I have ever seen.  She showed it to her students on one of our "college days", I suppose to inspire them to do the hard work that earning a college education requires.  And I can totally see that.  One of the most important beliefs to have as a teacher is that your students can overcome any challenge and "do anything".  I believe it.  I have seen it.  And I know I will see it again.

Of course, my precious boy is always on my mind and in the center of my heart, and he was the first person I thought of when I watched it.  I have always been focused on the idea that Autism should not and will not stand in Ben's way.  I am determined not to let it limit him and his potential to do anything he wants.  I know that he can and I believe that he will.

The film is 20 minutes long, but it is completely worth your 20 minutes.  I promise.

The Butterfly Circus

No comments:

Post a Comment